Nikkol Adams has completed her counselling internship at Simmons Counselling and Consulting. as well as at the Ministry of Children and Family Development with Child and Youth Mental Health. She is continuing to see clients under the direct supervision of Johanna Simmons and works with children, youth and adults. She is currently completing the requirements of her Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology with a concentration in Child and Youth counselling at Adler University.
Nikkol graduated from SFU with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a minor in Education and Human Development. To supplement her education, she attends workshops and seminars to build her skill set. In addition to her academic career, she has worked in a variety of positions offering valuable experiences working with children, youth and adults who range in developmental abilities within diversified settings since 2012. Nikkol has learned a great deal from each of her diverse roles. While she has experience working with people of all ages, she enjoys working with young people the most. She is personally inspired by their curiosity and creativity as they develop into young adults.
Nikkol is certified and has training in:
- Expressive Play Therapy Certificate
- Therapeutic Yoga
- 200 hr Teacher Training with Shelly Tomczyk
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Rainbow Yoga
- Trauma Informed Yoga with Yoga Outreach
- Mindfulness-Based Somatic Therapy – Level 1 & 2 Training Certificate
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level 1 Clinical Training Certificate