- A certificate in Expressive Play Therapy
- EMDR Level 1 and 2
- A certified Roots of Empathy facilitator, a program designed to teach empathy to school aged children
- A F.R.I.E.N.D.S. facilitator, a program that provides school aged children tools for dealing with stress and anxiety
- A certified Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) facilitator
- A certified Positive Discipline Parent educator
- Foundation Training in Bodynamic, a body-based therapeutic approach to counselling, from the Bodynamic Institute of Canada
- Basic certification in NeurOptimal neurofeedback
Holding a designation from the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, Johanna continually updates her knowledge and stays current by attending professional development seminars and conferences. As a member in good standing of the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors, the British Columbia Play Therapy Association and the North American Association of Adlerian Psychology, Johanna incorporates new research into her daily counselling practices. She is past president of the British Columbia Play Therapy Association and remains an active member of the board. Additionally, she is adjunct faculty at Adler University.
Her network in the counselling community is extensive. She works collaboratively with other professionals, including medical doctors, should the need arise.